Service & Warranty
Every Subaru sold in South Africa is warranted against any defect in material or workmanship for a period of 3-years or 100 000kms, whichever comes first. This warranty excludes certain maintenance items which are subject to wear and tear. Batteries, shock absorbers clutches and exhaust systems are warranted for one year or 30 000kms, whichever comes first. Only genuine parts fitted by an authorised dealer are warranted and any parts fitted without Subaru's approval will void the warranty. This includes exhausts, filters, and parts not of the original specifications of the vehicle. Genuine Subaru replacement parts are likewise warranted for a period of 12 months.
AWD Maintenance Plan
Subaru’s All-Wheel Drive Maintenance Plan covers all new Subaru vehicles and comes at no cost to the purchaser. The plan has not resulted in any vehicle price increases, with the benefit of peace of mind motoring being passed onto you, the customer. It covers:
- WRX STI
The free Subaru Owner Reward Programme package consists of the All-Wheel Drive Plan and Roadside Emergency, which includes Legal and Map Assists. It offers free maintenance for 3-years/75 000kms and may be extended to 5-years/200 000kms.
What is covered
- All mechanical related items
- Wear and tear
- Mechanical and electrical component repair/failure
- Service and maintenance
What is not covered
- Petrol and top up oil (between services)
- Accident damage and insurance
- Tyres and wheel alignment
- Abuse and/or negligence
- Non-mechanical interior trim and paintwork
- Repair to on-board entertainment such as compact disc, radio/tape players
- Repairs to convertible mechanisms
- Repairs to non-factory components and any subsequent repairs or modifications
Subaru has no service plans as all its vehicles under the Subaru Owners Reward Programme have their services covered in the maintenance portions of the programme. The value of the Subaru Owners Reward Programme is calculated at approximately R30 000.
Please contact your nearest dealer should you require more information.